What are the differences between the current techniques of self-protection with vehicles by entrapment by the fire with the SAVAIF system?
The current maneuvers carried out by the extinguishing equipment nowadays require a lot of personnel, they also depend on the amount of water in the pumper that can carry at that time, determined by the amount of water that counts, and above all, the time necessary for its correct execution. The problems generated by this type of techniques are the following:
- Total dependence on water.
- A large number of people to perform a correct maneuver.
- The protection time of this maneuver will depend on the amount of water in the tank of the pumper.
- Not all forest firefighters units have a pumper.
- The maintenance per year of these systems is usually very expensive.